We had a very eventful two months here at Pacoima Charter School:
- We started a new series to help parents of 2nd graders assist their children with math.
- We kicked off our annual fundraiser "Trick of Treating for UNICEF" 100% of the proceeds were donated to UNICEF
- Tia Chucha's began teaching a folklorico class after school.
- We hired a violin instructor to teach violin to our students (play and read music!)
- Environmental Defenders came by to perform for our students and teach them the importance of recycling.
- Coffee with the Principal
- Our students participated in our annual Halloween Parade.
- PLAC (our Parent Leadership Action Committee) planned an amazing Halloween Event that included a spooky maze, decorate your own pumpkin, make your own slime, outdoor movie, etc. All this was planned and made possible by our very own parents.
- Our student council planned an event for our elderly neighbors from Pledgerville Senior Villas. The costume ball was full of food, music and fun!
- Students of Pacoima Charter showed their appreciation to our very own military veteran staff including our school principal Sylvia Fajardo (Sergeant of the United States Marine Corps).
- Mrs. Quan, our school librarian, organized our book fair.
- Fire Drill! We practice so we are ready!
Parent Workshops Included:
- Anti-Bullying Workshop for Parents
- First 5 started a series of parent workshops "Building Stronger Families"
- Mr. Magana hosted a workshop to help parents understand
Field Trips Included:
- Firehouse 98
- Regency Theatre