Welcome to Psychology and Behavioral Support
Hello my name is Ramses Magana and I am the School Psychologist of Pacoima Charter School. In my role as the School Psychologist:
- I participate in Student Study Team (SST) meetings to evaluate the need for academic interventions or a need for a psychoeducational assessment.
- I conduct psychoeducational assessments to determine a student’s eligibility for special education services.
- I attend Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings to review the student’s goals and services and determine the need to modify the child’s current program.
- I provide school-based counseling to understand the student’s circumstances related to school and together seek out solutions.
- I consult with students, parents, and staff regarding a child’s academic, social, and behavioral needs.
- I currently oversee multiple interns in their efforts to assess students’ behavior and implement evidence-based interventions to reduce problem behaviors and increase desired behaviors at school.
My other role is that of a BCBA (Board Certified Behavioral Analyst) Supervisor. My team of interns help assess behavior patterns and come up with a plan on how to modify problematic behaviors. Please click on the links to find out more.