Social Work Internship
As the school social worker, I offer internships to over 10 graduate students a year. In order to qualify, you must be attending APU, CSUDH, CSULA, CSULB or CSUN and be enrolled in an MSW Program. Please consult with your university to see the prospect of interning here. All potential interns must be assigned to us by your school, interview with my assistant and I, and pass all health & background screenings.
We pride ourselves in being holistic in our approach. Our interns are given the opportunity to explore and grow in ALL areas of school social work. Activities include:
- Providing individual and group therapy to students
- Crisis intervention
- Facilitating parents classes and workshops
- Assist with our homeless and foster care youth
- Assess and intervene with families having difficulty attending school
- Collaborate with 40+ partner agencies and local, county, state and federal political offices to bring resources to our school.
- We are a PPSC site - partnerships with 8+ neighboring middle schools/high school for your secondary placement.
We have had the honor of supervising over 100 interns to date. Our supervision is consistent and dynamic in order to maximize your time with us. We believe in the spirit of collaboration and uplifting one another so as to better serve our school community. We look for interns who are ready to learn and have the ability to connect with children.